Chesapeake Neuropsychology, LLC offers comprehensive adult neuropsychological assessment services. We specialize in evaluating and documenting cognitive and behavioral changes related to medical illness or psychiatric disorders, whether in a clinical or forensic context. We also offer assessment services for healthy adults interested in obtaining more information about their current cognitive functioning and/or intelligence.
Our primary mission is to bridge understanding of various aspects of brain health among patients, their family, and their health care team. As specialists in the intersection among neurological, medical, and psychiatric health, we often serve as the “translator” for patients and families who are experiencing many different circumstances, such as:
- Understanding the cognitive and behavioral effects of a medical event, such as a stroke, heart attack, or head injury
- Understanding the cognitive and behavioral effects of a medical treatment, such as surgery, medications, chemotherapy, or radiation
- Understanding the cognitive and behavioral effects of a chronic illness, such as epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, or diabetes
- Understanding the cognitive and behavioral effects of toxic exposures, such as alcohol, illicit drugs, and heavy metals (e.g., lead)
- Understanding whether cognitive or behavioral changes are the product of normal aging or a neurodegenerative illness, such as Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia